Natalie Cubides-Brady is an award-winning filmmaker with a visual arts background.
Her short, Beyond the North Winds a hybrid documentary about the legacy of a nuclear reactor, was selected for Sundance London, Visions du Reel and Edinburgh IFF among others. It won Best Screenplay at Poitiers, a Green Planet award at Flickers Rhode Island, and was nominated for an IDA Documentary award in the US, and a London Critics' Circle Film Award.
Her short observational documentary, After the Silence, about forced disappearance in Colombia, was shortlisted for a Grierson.
Natalie is an alumni of the NFTS MA in Documentary Directing. Since graduating she has been working as a Self-Shooting Director on short form content and an Assistant Producer on long form docs. She recently completed, The Veiled City, a short sci-fi city symphony funded by BFI Doc Society. It will have its world premiere in competition at Berlinale in February 2023.
Natalie is currently developing her first feature.
Awards & Talent Programs
- BAFTA Connect member 2022 - 25
- BFI Doc Society Made of Truth short film funding 2021/22
- Short Form Station, Berlinale Talents, 2021
- London Critics' Circle Film Awards, Best British Short, 2020 (Nominee)
- Flickers Rhode Island IFF, Green Planet Award, 2020 (Winner)
- IDA Documentary Awards, Best Student Film, 2019 (Nominee)
- Poitiers Film Festival, Best Short Screenplay, 2019 (Winner)
- Future Frames: New Directors, European Film Promotion, 2019
- One World Media Awards, Best Student Film, 2019 (Longlisted)
- John Brabourne Award, Film & TV Charity, 2018
- Grierson Awards, Best Student Film, 2018 (Shortlisted)